1995 RAM 1500/2500/3500 Owner's Manual
It is especially possible to note the range of the car’s engines – it is not very wide, but there is something to choose from. Given that diesel engines are not popular in the Dodge RAM 1500 family in the US even today, there is only one in the lineup. The other options are gasoline. You can choose the following engines:
1. 3.9-liter gasoline V6 = 175 horsepower
2. 5.2-liter gasoline V8 = 220 horsepower
3. 5.9-liter gasoline V6 = 230 horsepower
4. 8.0-liter gasoline V10 = 450 horsepower
5. 5.9-liter turbo diesel = 300 horsepower
All engines were equipped with several types of automatic and manual gearboxes. The most popular option is a 4-band automatic.
There were no direct competitors next to the Dodge RAM 1500, but the closest of them are pickups from the Ford, Chevy, and GM car brands.